Green Motion, an international car and van rental franchise system which concentrates on the provision of low CO2 vehicle hire, has a current vacancy for a multi-talented individual to assist in several key aspects of the expanding business.
Green Motion has grown from a company with an operational presence in 2 countries in 2012 to now being operational in 25 countries, with more countries coming on-board regularly. To assist with our expansion in North, Central and South America, we are looking to increase our reach in terms of booking distribution channels and as such are creating a new role for a Pricing & Yield Administrator who will have proven experience either within the car rental and / or travel agency sectors with an understanding of managing prices and distribution via the global distribution systems (GDS) including Worldspan, Galileo, Amadeus and Sabre.
Reporting to: Central Reservation's Department
Responsible for: GDS/TPI (Third Party Intermediaries) Pricing Management
Main objectives & scope:
The main objective of the role is to provide a service to our franchise network for loading and monitoring their prices with the major OTA's (online travel agencies) such as Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and Kayak via the GDS (Global Distribution System). You will also be required to assist the franchisees with the management or prices on non GDS channels such as Holiday Auto's, Rentalcars and Carrentals.com.
The scope of the role is to help the franchisees increase their booking volume, maximise on revenue opportunity and the utilisation of their fleet.
The Pricing Administrator will be responsible for all GDS pricing and rate management matters with those locations that they are providing support to. The Pricing Administrator is in charge of implementing pricing strategies and providing support for day-to-day questions by working closely with internal departments and various contacts in Green Motion’s international network. This individual will act as a subject matter expert on pricing concerns (competitor data, market trends etc.) and will be hands-on with multiple internal systems, communicating information and metrics to various departments.
Job tasks include:
- Supply a support service to Green Motion's franchise network to maximise their revenue and profitability;
- Manage price monitoring and competitor analysis;
- Manage local pricing for multiple locations;
- Set up initial rate parameters in the Green Motion pricing system for all locations;
- Generate and adapt on a regular basis pricing related reports for Green Motion management;
- Identify trends and opportunities for incremental pricing and promotional improvements;
- Gather, analyse and record requirements for internal programs as needed;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned;
- It is preferable to have at least 1 year minimum experience in the car rental or travel industry;
- Must have experience of managing pricing with the Global Distribution Systems;
- Knowledge of the TSD Rental System including Rezcentral would prove advantageous;
- Solid analytical and organisational skills;
- High degree of organisational and time management skills with the ability to independently follow through to the successful completion of projects within a deadline;
- Ability to multi-task and distribute efforts appropriately among tasks, manage competing deadlines, handle frequent interruptions and maintain a high level of productivity;
- Excellent computer skills, working knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Outlook and strong proficiency in MS Excel;
- Must have a valid clean drivers license;
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day and/or evening hours;
- Proficiency in English; further languages such as Spanish and Italian are a plus but not critical;
- The ability to travel would be advantageous but not critical;
Place of work: Green Motion International Head Office, Woburn, Bedfordshire (approximately 10 minutes from Milton Keynes)
Work hours: 8:30 – 17:00 Monday - Friday
Salary/Package: Negotiable, based on experience, aptitude and commitment
For more information or to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.